In the early 1940′s, Rev. Leslie Dunn stood on the beach of Wildwood, NJ with a vision to reach the thousands of tourists who annually visited the area each summer with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. His idea led to the beginning of the Gospel Pavilion, supported as a ministry work under the Orthodox Presbyterian Churches of New Jersey. The Gospel Pavilion later was named the Boardwalk Chapel, and its first services were held in July 1945.
To this day, under the direction of Rev. James Zozzaro, the Boardwalk Chapel continues to grow and thrive, proclaiming the Gospel to all who are willing to hear. From Memorial Day until Labor Day, volunteers spend their summer on Chapel Staff working hard to share the gospel. Each night during the summer, our staff put on programs filled with music, skits, and preaching of the Word. Every week we have a different visiting church group that is trained in evangelism, helps the staff put on programs, and shares the gospel in the evening.
This is a strong testimony to the faithfulness and grace of God, how He uses the church to share the Good News with the lost.