Originally called the “Gospel Pavilion,” the Boardwalk Chapel conducted its first services in July of 1945. Now, following a week of training, a staff of assistants and volunteers testify on the boardwalk, on the beaches and during the nightly services. The work is a ministry of the Orthodox Presbyterian Church and the Presbytery of New Jersey.
SUMMER 2017 MINISTRY OPPORTUNITIES
- May Work Groups: Consider bring a group to the Chapel this spring to help out with work projects! We will post specific needs and ideas in the springtime, but please let us know in advance if you would like to reserve a weekend.
- End of Summer Staff: When our primary summer staff begin leaving in August for school and employment, we welcome any young people to apply to help with the end of the season. The recommended donation is $100 per week, and there is also the option to stay into September to assist with work projects and enjoy weekend concerts and youth activities. Fill out an application today!
- September Fellowship Weekends: Youth groups have the opportunity to join us at the Chapel for fun, fellowship, and free concerts during weekends in September. The recommended donation for staying at the Chapel for a weekend is $500. Additional opportunities include apologetics training during the daytime and evangelism practice in the evenings. Please email us with any questions and to reserve a spot!
- There are a number of ways to contribute to the work:
1. Providing financial support for the Short Term Missions Staff by the respective congregations who send them — a 12 week commitment, June – August.
2. Providing the needs of the guest ministers and the weekly mission teams who join the work throughout the entire summer. They come, not only to declare the Word publicly, but to help address the maintenance and service projects at the three Chapel properties owned by the Presbytery of New Jersey. A mission team may be assigned one or two service projects during its week long stay.
3. Sending mission construction teams during the Spring and Fall seasons and providing the materials needed for the assigned construction project.
Tax deductible offerings may be sent to:
PNJ Missions (Memo: Boardwalk Chapel)
886 Belmont Ave., Suite One
North Haledon, NJ 07508-2566
Get Ready for Summer 2017
the 73nd Summer on the Boardwalk
Nightly Services – 8:30 p.m. (M-Sa); 7:00 p.m. Sunday (Memorial Day Weekend – Labor Day Weekend)
Street Address: 4312 Boardwalk
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 602, Wildwood, NJ 08260
Chapel building: 609 522-2307
Chapel Director: 609 522-8489.
E-mail ~ email@example.com
Rev. James A. Zozzaro ~ Director
|Calvary|| 10 a.m. || 100 Dias Creek Road|
CMCH, New Jersey, 08210
| Rev. James Zozzaro ||609 522-8489|
| Central Bible ||11 a.m.||18th and Central, N. Wildwood, NJ 08260||Rev. James Allay||609 465-4284|
Boardwalk Chapel Location: